I was cleaning my little girls' room the other morning. Becca was in there. She was writing in her new journal that she had bought herself- she, and I, was pretty proud of the purchase. She asked me if I would like to see what was inside. I said, "Of course!" She pulled the key from her pillow case, the perfect hiding spot! She opened to the first page. She had made a list. A to-do list. It read: Becca's to do list 1. watch baby 2. help Kate 3. draw cakes I got a chuckle out of her cute, little list. I knew she had done everything on it. She always watches the baby and helps Kate. The next three pages were drawings of her beautiful cakes. I was a little jealous of her list. How nice would it be for my list to resemble hers? I think sometimes as adults we complicate our lives to the extreme. We fill our time with things that need to be done, but often find things that aren't quite so pressing are eating up the remainde...
The time can drag on forever in the winter. Boy, do I feel it! I am not used to having no sun for long periods of time, it is rather depressing. I love the sun! I love the warmth! February is anything but those. It is right in the middle of cold season for Utah. Because of this, we must see all the positive and look for things to keep us happy. Here are a few things that brightened our days in a cold winter month! 1. We sure love getting letters from Elder Merritt! We also will get random texts from people he is eating dinner with. They make the ordinary days brighter. 2. Even though it's cold, we try to make it outside. I love the sunsets! 3. Becca's winter concert. She plays the trumpet just like her sisters, just like my dad! 4. We took some of the kids bowling. Grace and Becca were with their friends, but Kate, Aaron, and Britten went with us. It was Britten's first time that he remembered, and he loved it. We took a selfi...
I couldn't find many pictures of the kitchen before. We always forget to do that! Here are a few. Say, " ahhh" to the handsome models in the photos. Before... Everything is more of a country feel. And what a clutter mess! After... Much better. I finally got organized and got rid of the clutter. We put the microwave above the stove. That saved a lot of space. Before it sat on a microwave cart to the side of the fridge. Our appliances are no longer mismatched! Dustin spent so much time on the cabinets. We painted them a bone white, then took a walnut gel stain all over them. I can say we because i helped, a little. He put in a new tile back splash and painted. It is kind of a golden brown. It looks much brighter in the picture than it really is. We also put hardware on the cupboards. I couldn't believe what a difference. Dustin's favorite part of the whole kitchen is the under cabinet lighting he personally installed! (sorry for the blury pic, if our flash is of...
Comments