Monday, January 3, 2011

Kate's Testimony

Kate bore her 1st testimony on Sunday. I wish I had recorded when all my children took their first steps to the pulpit to share with about 100 people what they feel in their hearts about their Savior and the gospel(I still have time with Grace. She suffers from anxiety, so it will be a while).

Kate went up and grabbed the mic to bring it to her level. She said (paraphrasing), "I'd like to bear my testimony. I know this church is true. I love my family. I know Pres. Monson is a true prophet. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." That was it, short and sweet. Her testimony.

It is a neat thing to see your children share what they have learned. The amazing thing to me is they all have their own personal time-table. I know my boys were around the same age, but we have never asked any of them to share, they choose to when they are good and ready. I think that's the way it should be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I had goosebumps! Thank you for having a such a great family! I love to hear things like this. :)

Jennae said...

When they do the things that they are supposed to without being asked, you know that they have great parents that are showing them through example.....!!!!