Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter Vacation 2011

This Easter I was able to go home to Vegas. It was a nice break from the crazy weather here. But really, I was excited to be with my family.

We left Friday afternoon and came back Monday morning. We were able to spend some needed time with cousins and grandma. My kids couldn't wait to see Grandma Taylor.

Becca and Grace spent a lot of time on the piano. In fact Bec gave Grandma piano lessons and made sure she practiced! Silly girl. The boys spent the majority of their time with the Custers, of course. And Kate found a friend in Aunt Kymber (whom she got a Colts hat from and a Tangled shirt). Dustin and I were able to sneak away. We went to one of the buffets for dinner and visited the pawn shop where they film Pawn Stars. We were actually let down by it. It was small and kind of dirty and all the guys were gone. It was Saturday.

This year for Easter Becca informed me she was going to write her list for the Easter Bunny. I was taken back! What? This is not Christmas, little girl! So the Easter Bunny brought everybody socks and a summer outfit. We already have enough commercialized holidays, Easter doesn't need to be one of them. We had an Easter egg hunt later in the evening at Lea Ann's after dinner. It was nice not too give so much attention to the Easter Bunny.

On Monday, before we left, we took the kids to the strip and visited M&M World. They loved it. We haven't ever really taken them there because of the environment, but in the daytime it was very different. We had to redirect attention from billboards and some litter on the ground, but it could have been worse.

What a fun weekend and I am grateful to create memories with my family. It only happens about twice a year, so I love every minute of it!!







2 comments:

Nate said...

How fun!! Vegas is fun...sometimes. :0!

Nate said...

that was Maggie