Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Easy Teenager

A word I would use to describe raising a teenage boy would be...

easy

Maybe it's too early, I don't know. But my boys are pretty calm, cooperative, and low maintenance. We ask them to take the garbage out, they do it. I ask them to watch the baby, they do it. I hope I'm not counting my chickens before their hatched. I would hate to see it change.

Aaron is so helpful. He is self motivated. He has been this way since he was little. I have rarely had to remind him to pick up after himself. I remember always finding his shoes lined up in his closet and his shirts always hanging nicely. I;m afraid he might be a little OCD, but there could be worse things. Being too tidy is hardly a complaint - I should know, I married one! 

When it comes to friends, Aaron is totally different than my other kids. He's more like me. We're kind of loners. We aren't anti-social, but we are fine with being by ourselves. It takes a lot for us to be bored, so I think friendships suffer from that, especially if you have made friends with a very social person. He has clicked with a neighbor kids, though. It make s me happy because I haven't seen that since 2nd and 3rd grade with him. He found a friend who is just like him and they get each other. They hang out everyday. I'm glad because I was worried when we moved here. 

Today was a beautiful winter day and he was outside playing basketball all afternoon. When he came in to get ready for mutual, I couldn't believe it was him for a moment. He sure is tuning into a good, handsome young man. It makes a mama's heart happy!


0 comments: