Sunday, February 7, 2016

Recovering

I spent all week trying to recover from our vacation to Disneyland. It's always funny to me that you end up needing a vacation from your vacation! I am finishing up laundry, trying to. I still have about 4 more loads. I've done 5 so far. I try not to do anything other than dishes on Sunday, but sometimes I have to. By have to, I mean choose to because I want to get caught up. I feel exhausted!

When life gets like this, I tend to draw inward and run away from my responsibilities. I'm trying really hard to change this behavior. I don't know if it falls in the category of anxiety or depression. It almost feels like both! I'm typically a very relaxed person, but when my life feels like it needs to go faster than I want to go, I just want to stop and lay in my bed. I think it also might be diet related. Since Britten, my diet is terrible and I can't seem to get back to my emotional well-being. I feel better when I eat better, but I also really want the sugar...such a terrible cycle. Any recommendations are welcome.

I have had some good moments this week. My kids have gotten along exceptionally well. That always makes my heart happy. My pre-school kids missed me and that felt nice. I was able to go to lunch with some very dear friends. The move has made the friend department seem bare, but I love getting together with those I've known for years. Camille and Heather were my workout buddies and mom buddies. I have missed them! I rediscovered the library with my friend Stephanie and our kids. I forgot how good the library is for kids and moms! It's nice to have stacks of books again! Dustin and I went to dinner with some friends from across the street. We visited The Leonardo to see the mummies. Very fun! I love science and history. It was a different way to spend time together and I loved every minute of it.


0 comments: