Monday, January 1, 2018

A New Year, A New Word - 2018

I really struggled in 2017. I can say it wasn't my year. I took time off of doing goals because I felt too much pressure. But, in doing so, I felt absolutely lost in purpose. It taught me a great deal of why I should always be working on something!

This year will be different. I have chosen my word for the year (remember when I used to do that?). After tossing a few around, I chose my focus of the year would be the word: FRIEND. We're working on it as a family. We came up with a list of what we think a friend is.

A Friend Is:
-there for you whenever
-patient with your weaknesses
-comforting
-loyal
-trustful
-kind
-interested in my life
-selfless
-nonjudgmental

In order to have friends, you have to be a friend. It's a two way street. By focusing on this, we hope to become better friends with our family, those who are outside of our home, but we also are going to focus on our relationship with Jesus Christ. He is our greatest friend, and we want to be His! We chose to focus on John 15:14:

"Ye are my friends if ye do whatsoever I command you." The Savior is always our friend, but we must be working on knowing Him better and becoming His friend. By keeping this in mind, we hope to become the best of us possible! 

Happy New Year!!


0 comments: