Sunday, October 21, 2018

San Diego For My Birthday

My birthday isn't until November, but Dustin was going to San Diego for work and asked if I wanted to come along. Sometimes, it's really hard to justify spending extra money. But, we haven't been anywhere by ourselves since our cruises in 2010 and 2012. If I told myself it was for my birthday, I could feel ok with it. It's funny how we won't take the time to do extra things for ourselves. Me anyway. But I'm so glad I let Dustin talk me into it!

During the day i spent my time at the pool while he was at a convention. When he got home, we'd go to dinner and find something to do. We spent time in Old Town and at the beach. He took me to Tijuana. I was amazed at the border. Knowing a little flimsy, broken wall separated us from another entire country was intriguing. 

This trip was a reset for me. The last two years have brought lots of change, struggle, and learning for me. It was needed. I enjoyed just relaxing, exercising, and walking the beach. The simple activity of looking for seashells was even healing. Dustin and I decided we wouldn't wait so long again to do something with just the two of us. Long over due, but so glad we did it!!






















0 comments: