Wednesday, November 7, 2018

The Best Birthday Ever!

When I woke up on the morning of my 42nd birthday, I was completely overwhelmed with joy, but feeling a little anxious. Our son, Ryan, would be returning from his two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was super excited. I also kept asking myself, "Am I really this old?" 

Turning 40 was a big deal. I didn't feel  necessarily old, but in my head I knew I was. Now that two years have passed, I do feel old. I see it in my skin, my weight, my arms- I definitely have my mother's arms. When you spend a good amount of time running away from age, and it catches you, there is a mental shift that has to happen. Maybe it's just me...this age thing is no joke.

Anyway, I'm okay with being in my forties. I'm loving watching my kids grow and develop into who they are wanting to be. I may not always agree with it, but it's their right, and it's my joy that explodes as they discover. 

Ryan came down the escalator. He hurt his knee three weeks before coming home, so he had to just stand there. He was not moving toward us at all! It seemed like a long wait!! He had a bow on his head, and a sign in his hands that read, "Happy birthday, Mom!" It was truly the greatest gift given to me. Not only had my son returned home safely, but now all my little chicks were under the same roof again. All safe in our home. He'll leave this summer, but for now, we are just loving it!!!

Welcome Home, Elder Merritt!!





















Becca made me sign because she couldn't find our traditional birthday banner. No banner needed on this day!! 


0 comments: