Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve

My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, but Christmas Eve is a close second. I love the anticipation that comes with this night. I love the traditions that we've always had. Pajamas are given because both Dustin and I got a new pair every Christmas Eve. We also give  a birthday gift to Jesus. We all write down something we can give him. It comes from a littel poem I would read in a children's book at a very young age. It was one of my favorite books to read. I wonder if by chance my mom still has it?

"What Can I Give Him?"

What can I give Him
Poor as I am
If I were a shepherd,
I would bring Him a Lamb
If I were a wise man,
I'd sure do my part
So what can I give Him?
I'll give Him my heart


We then gather our gifts and put them under the tree. It is usually a gift of changing something for the better in our lives. We can't give Him treasures of the earth, but definitely treasures of the heart!

























0 comments: