Sunday, April 21, 2019

Easter 2019

Easter. I love Easter. I love the sense of renewal it brings, but I most definitely love the time it allows me to refelct on my Savior, Jesus Christ. 

I was raised in a home where we went to church every Sunday. We prayed. We read scripture. I was tols that I had a friend in Jesus. Him healing the blind man by putting mud on his eyes was always one of my favorites, maybe because I loved playing in mud. As I grew older, I began to understand for myself, through experience, that Jesus was not only my Friend, but my Brother too. That He loved me no matter what, that because of Him, I can be Forgiven of the things I do wrong, I can feel Peace when I am sad, I can have Light in the absolute darkness that can sometimes be overwhelming, I have someone always willing to Listen, and will always have someone to come Show the Way when my mind is too clouded with worry. Beacuse of Him, I can Live after death, with HIm, and those I love. Some will say it is because of the traditions of my parents that I believe what I beleive, and to an extent it is. But I have come to know for myself the Love of Jesus Christ. My parents were not there in my moments of prayer, asking for guidence, forgiveness, and comfort. My parents would freely give all those things if I asked, I know how it feels when they do that. But His guidence, His love, His mercy, His comfort is different than theirs. I am so grateful for Him. That He lived. That HE loved,. That He taught. That He died. That He rose from the dead and LIVES! He is my Best Friend. He is my Loyal Friend. HE is my Constant Friend. And I will live my life the best I can to prove I am all those things to Him. 

Happy Easter!!










0 comments: