Sunday, September 15, 2019


Two sides. Ther's alwasy two sides. We all have that other side we don't often allow others to see. The side with dark circles under our eyes, the side with too many freckles from the sun, the side where light is absent. I could feel that side of me growing lately. I knew it would manifest in anxiety and fear. I knew, soon, I would not be able to wake up and get out of bedd and face the day. It always happens when Dustin's gone, and a day I know it's ok to lay in bed. Today was that day. Sunday. There was an inner battle to get up and be where I know "I should" be. But, somedays you just can't. I'm grateful I've been able to recognize and handle these days with gentleness. I'm gratefull my kids understand. Britten chose to lay with me most of the morning. Telling me how sorry he was that I din't feel well. We all have those moments, days, I believe. And it's ok. be kind to yourself. Tomorrow,I'll be where the whole light shines, but today, I needed to care of the side with no light. 

 

0 comments: