Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Kate quits, but has reconsidered.

"I quit!"
We were having a hectic morning. Grace and Aaron have been sick, so I was getting everyone ready to go to the doctor. Well, Kate never likes to get ready for the day. She likes to run around naked. We were in a hurry , and I will say I was being a little bossy to get out of the door on time. She hates getting her hair done, so she was mad! When we were all done she turned to me and said ,"Mom, I quit!" I asked what she meant. She said, more determined for me to understand, "I quit this family!" I couldn't hide my little chuckle, but composed myself quickily.
I said, "Kate if you quit this family where will you go?"
"I wil go to my room!" she explained.
"But if you quit, you have to leave," I told her.
"Fine," she said.
I pulled her close and I told her how much I will miss her. "I don't want you to quit our family."
"I am!" she insisted.
"Okay, lets call Dad and let him know you are leaving." I picked up the phone and started dialing. " I will miss you." I looked sad.
"Mom, okay, I will stay. I not quit the family." she said. Word World caught her attention, she sat down. I had Dustin on the phone. I told Kate she needed to talk to her father. "Dad, I will not quit the family. Bye." she said.
I explained to Dustin what happened, he laughed. We are all happy that you reconsidered, Kate. I would miss you if you "quit the family."

















5 comments:

thecustercrew said...

Kate is sooooo cute!!! We to would be sad if she quit your family, but since we are in short supply if she ever feels the need again, tell her she can go live with Aunt Lea Ann.

thecustercrew said...

P.S.I meant to say we are in short supply of girls

Kristin said...

It's good to have at least one child in the family who has a spunky personality. From the pictures and story, it sounds like Kate is that child in your family. :) Too cute!

Darrell and Alissa said...

That's too funny! We're glad she didn't quit the family!

Darrell and Alissa said...

I tagged you!