Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I'm Really Not a Slacker

just a busy mom. Since Dustin got on with Sandy and started the academy, life has been CRAZY. My life is so full of stress. I have gained 10 lbs as proof! Dustin has lost 11! I guess he thought I could use them!!! I'm workin' at getting them off, but they like where they are at.

I started watching Dustin's sister's 2 kids to help with the pay cut. The kids are all off track right now, so on a given day I have 9 rowdy, full of energy kids running around. Luckily they all get alnog, for the most part. Everyone has their days, Becca more than anyone. I think she's feeling a little lost in the chaos, just like her mom!

I have so much I would love to blog about, but lack the time. Hopefully life will get back to normal. October 5th all the older kids go back to school.

Any ideas how to hit my goal of losing 30 lbs? I think the stress is sinking me. I want to take a cruise in May, but the deal was that I lose my 30 lbs ( I made the deal with Dust, he's not demanding I lose the weight, better clarify that). I need ideas!

6 comments:

ChicChat said...

You are Super-Woman in my eyes!

Darrell and Alissa said...

BODY FOR LIFE! It worked great for Darrell and I- it's basically portion control and exercise. It pushes protien intake so the muscle you are getting from your exercise stays strong! You are suppose to lose around 2 pounds a week- that's healthy weight loss, and you do with BFL. Check the book out from the library- don't buy it- skimming it gives you the basic idea. They have a BFL cookbook- it's really good- we borrowed my friends and I wrote down a bunch I can email you- if I can find them. When I wean Baylee I'm going to do it again. I wasn't hungry at all- 3 meals and 3 good snacks. Good luck!
I don't knkow how you handle that many kids- I'd be insane!!

Audrey Taylor said...

I can relate to off-track kids and chaos! Really to get you through to Oct 5th, you need a few "quiet minutes" every day, a date every week, and lots of uplifting words of encouragement!!!
I don't know how to knock off 30 lbs because that was my goal this year too and so far I've only lost 8.

Kristin said...

I think you should decide to go on the cruise no matter what--tell Dustin the original deal is off. Maybe the extra pounds are being extra stubborn because of the added pressure. :) Plus, our cruise last year was the best vacation ever, and extra weight isn't a worthwhile reason to miss it, in my opinion! I hope you meet your weight loss goal, though! I'm sure your cruise would be that much more enjoyable if you do, but I think you should plan to go no matter what because you deserve it! My suggestions are similar to Alissa's--eat right and exercise. And, love yourself just the way you are right now. Because you're AMAZING! 9 kids would do me in.

Salena said...

You could do the HCG diet but it is stressful the first couple of weeks. So with a houseful of kids it would be hard. If you get about 2 or 3 weeks with less kids then you could do it. Email me if you want to know more. Good luck!

i said...

i HATE stress. sorry you are feeling it. and the weight issue...no advice over here. ;) i'm just so impressed at your support of your husband.