Monday, September 28, 2009

Saying It Like It Is

My daughter, Becca, has a knack for saying what is exactly on her mind. I guess I was being a little too ornery the other day. She was getting in trouble all day long and I had run out of patience. I yelled something at her, I don't recall what it was. It made her sad enough that she turned to me with a big frown and tears in her eyes and she blurted out, "Mom, we need to get rid of you! You're not a nice mom!"

Yeah, I felt horrible, but she was being really naughty. I know I didn't say anything terrible to her, but I felt bad that her feelings were hurt. I think the saddest part is if I really don't remember why she got in trouble in the first place, was it really that big of deal?

So, I'm working on it. I'm trying to be a little more kind and careful of what I say. I'm thankful for a little 4 year old who taught me that!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

I hear ya 100%! Whenever I discipline my kids I think that it is always me who feels bad afterwards. WHY? does it always turn out like that?

ChicChat said...

That's funny. I know it probably wasn't at the time. ;) I just have to laugh when little kids act so grown up.

i said...

oh my...i just hate a swift kick in the pants! it sure helps me shape up though!:)