Friday, March 9, 2012

My To-Do List

I've been working out of my home for a little over a month now. Man I forgot how hard it is! Not the working part. The part where I have to keep up with housework! I'm ready to scream.

My laundry has been sitting for a few days. It's sorted. That's a plus for me. Now, I just have to wash and then fold. Oh, how I hate the folding part.

I swear I haven't dusted since I started working. It's driving me a little over the edge. I am a person who dusted at least once a week. I can officially write my name in the dust now.

I'm pretty sure my house hasn't been vacuumed all week long. Yeah, my vacuum is right where I left it last week. Sitting next to the stairs in my family room- collecting dust along with everything else. GROSS! When you have a little family and no dog, that might be sufficient. I have a little house with 7 people and a dog! My goal was to vac every other day.

My kitchen floor needs to be mopped, blinds need to be scrubbed, rugs are waiting to be washed, and every closet in the house could use a good tidy.

The worse rooms are the bathrooms. They haven't been taken care of all week long. I usually try to clean them twice a week. I hate it when my bathrooms are neglected. I like a spot-free bathroom.

Dustin could tell I was srtessed, so he offered to take everyone out to dinner so I could have a little break and we wouldn't add to the mess. It was nice. I'm not feeling the best any way. But, I'll be sure to jump in with both feet tomorrow morning. Saturday is now cleaning day. I know I will feel better when my house is in order.

PS I will be scrubbing bathrooms for sure. I could hear Becca coming up the satirs crying. It was 12:00 am. I couldn''t help her because I was "occupied." She ended up throwing up all over the hallway carpet. We just got that taken care of. Luckily our carpet cleaner works! Since I was on the toilet the only other place she could finish was the sink. Looks like I will be using my sister's suggestion of baking soda and vinager. I wanted to give it a try any way...

1 comments:

i said...

I can only imagine how hard that must be. I can barely keep up as it is! My mom always made Saturday cleaning day. It was a good memory...mostly. ;)