Monday, March 19, 2012

Mom School

Grace asked me today, "Mom, how did you learn to be a mom?"

My answer: "Trial and error, Grace." Then I added, "And the Spirit. The Spirit lets you know what you need to do."

It got me thinking. How did I learn to be a mom? Could you really learn to be a mom?

My answer:

I learned to be a mom watching other moms. And mostly my mom. I do a lot of things like her. I do some things she probably wouldn't. But, I'm pretty sure my subconscious watched her like a hawk and took notes, frantically. There are days I wish I could be close enough to still observe. I know I'd learn a thing, or two...probably twenty!

And wouldn't it be great if there really was a mom school?!!

2 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

You are an awesome mom! We are having a "Mom Panel" for our May RS activity. It will be awesome, I hope you can come!

i said...

Amen to that! i totally learn from other moms....even on blogs. I learn a lot from you. :)