Monday, January 14, 2013

Showers for Baby

Often when it is your 6th baby, you are not thrown baby showers. I am a blessed woman! I have had two. The first was a surprise shower thrown by my work and then my dear friend, Rachael, threw me one. They were such kind gestures and I appreciate it so much.

The first part of December was our work Christmas party. When I walked in, I was surprised to find baby gifts on a separate table. I really hadn't worked there long, only 7 months. The daycare is a large daycare and I hadn't even met all the people who work there. I was humbled that all these woman would think of me, especially at a time when money is tight for everyone!! 

Before I was allowed to open the gift, I had to guess who it was from. If I guessed right, then I got to draw on their face. If I was wrong, they drew on  mine! Can you guess who was wrong more?



I was so worried about this because I didn't know everyone! These women were so sweet though! I can say I now know everyone though!!

I teach in the preschool class. I usually have about 35 kids. I have 1 aide. She is wonderful!! Her name is Rita. We always get to have great conversations. She made the cake for the shower.


They wouldn't cut it there. They said it was for me to take home for my family to enjoy. Boy did they love it! We all had a couple of pieces, but Dustin ate the rest. It was a Tres Leches cake with flan on top. Two of his favorite desserts! He ate them all the time while on his mission. He was in heaven. He kept saying, "you don't know how many memories this brings back!"

Before I left, Rita said to me, "Remind me to tell you about your cake." The next day I asked her about it. This is a summary of the story she told me:

Rita works two jobs. She works half the day at the daycare and the other half cleaning houses. She had planned on making the cake, but was afraid she was going to run out of time. On her way home from the daycare, she received a cal from the woman she was working for that day. they lady told her not to plan on coming because she had some things come up. Then her sister, who lives in California, called her. Rita said she was explaining to her how happy she was that she was able to make the cake. Her sister told her what a miracle it was and then explained to Rita that while she was in church praying today (she goes to her church everyday to pray), an image of a baby came to her mind. She wasn't sure who the baby was, but that she needed to pray for the baby. She told Rita she prayed for the baby and asked that its needs be met. As Rita is telling me this, she has a huge smile! She said, "Miss Larae, I know it was your baby she was praying for and for me that I would be able to make this cake for you and your family!" 

I loved that story!! I work with such wonderful ladies. They are so kind and caring.

In January my friend, Rachael, threw me a shower with family and a few friends. It was so fun! She is so creative and cute. We had a yummy brunch and visited. I am surrounded by amazing ladies who are so thoughtful and caring and FUN to be around!!

I am so grateful for family and friends who sacrificed during one of the toughest parts of the year to share their love  


1 comments:

Rach said...

You are so darling! and loved! So excited we got to celebrate Britten with your super cute family. Love you!