Sunday, February 8, 2015

Welcome 2015

This post is almost 2 months behind. Mostly because our home computer has crashed so the only thing we have is an iPad. It's small and always being used. I just have to wait my turn. Today is my turn. 

I had some down time today. I stayed home from church because I was not feeling well. I'm not showered and it is almost 5 in the evening, but I have been occupied. I read the Sunday School manual. We are discussing the teachings of Pres. Benson this year. I don't remember much of him growing up and reading about him as made me realize I was missing out! I also finished a poem I have been working on. It is the first one in 10 years; I feel so accomplished! 

Usually my first entry for the year is letting everyone know what my word for the year is. Last year my word was LIVE. I wanted to truly live my life on purpose. I just didn't want to survive it. I feel I did okay, but know I could have done better. My word for 2015 is:

AWAKE

I've thought long and hard about this. The reason I chose it is my goal this year is to rediscover my talents. Things about me that make me, well, ME! I'm not wanting to develop new talents  
(although that would be cool if it happens in the process), I just want to awaken the ones that I have been letting sleep inside of me for years. I'm not sure why I allowed that to happen, but I have. It's just time to wake them up!

It felt good to write that poem. I'll be honest, it was hard! I used to be able to write pretty well and quickly. Not this time. It took me over a week and my mind felt like mush...but it's done! And, I'm happy to have taken the first step. Now on to the next!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome word and goal! You are a very talented person, especially in your interaction with, love for and ability to connect to others. I hope it's an amazing year for you! Love ya!