Friday, January 15, 2016

Time: You Never Get It Back and That Can Make a Mom Want To Do Crazy Things

I say it all the time, "My kids are growing way too fast!" I really don't know how this happened, or when. I have been wanting to get moments back. Like snuggling, reading, singing...they aren't coming back. So, instead, I'm just going to relish in the time I have left with my 5 kids (yes, I have 6, but I still do all those things with Baby. It's the older ones I miss).

Tonight we invited the neighbor kids over to have a movie night. We watched, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. My girls were complaining that they are the only ones who haven't seen the new Star Wars  movie. I want them to understand what has happened before I take them for a girl's night, so we are watching them. We ordered pizza and decked the ping pong table with major amounts of junk food! A kid's dream!

I love that all of the kids can watch these movies! Ryan who's 18 all the way to Britten at almost 3, each loving them for their own reasons. It makes me feel we are winning at being a family because everyone is happy, all at the same time. That's a big accomplishment for us!

Enjoy your little ones! Time is precious and you never get it back! It's sad to me that I learned this as my oldest is getting ready to spread his wings and fly. I expected him to fly well. I just didn't expect these feelings of wanting to cut his wings off so he can stay a little longer...

0 comments: