Saturday, January 9, 2016

Another Adult in the Household: Ryan is 18!

My oldest child just turned 18! I'm not quite sure how I feel about this. I mean, I'm happy that my kids are growing up and are starting to experience life and all it's complexities. On the other hand, it means they are closer to leaving home and it means I'm getting older, too.

I have said before how much Ryan and I are alike. We neither one enjoy being in the spotlight and are very laid back. We asked what he wanted to do to celebrate, but he really didn't want to do anything. We had a family party with the traditional cake and ice cream. He wanted some new shoes, so he got those. That was that. I now had an 18 year old. The world just got a new adult, a very fine one in my opinion. 

Ryan graduates in May and he is planning on serving a mission right after. We are getting ready to start that process as well. When he gets back, he plans on starting his education. he want to be a software developer/programmer. He loves his computers! He has a plan all in place. He will go to school and then get married around 27. I hope it all works out for him. He's smart, kind, and funny. Whatever he does, I know he'll do well. Love you, Ryan!! As I say every morning before you leave, "Knock 'em dead!"

This is probably the last birthday interview I'll get out of him. I wish I had started them earlier!


Ryan's Favorites

color: green
food: pizza
subject: computer programming
candy bar: Snickers
book: I haven't read in a while, I need to start 
TV show: Psych
video game: Destiny
fruit: pineapple
vegetable: potatoes
chore;clean the family room
 1) What would you do with a million dollars? I would save it.
2) What do plan on going to school for?
 I want to be a computer software developer/programmer.
3) If you could do something nice what would you do and for whom?
 I would feed the homeless.


















0 comments: