Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Kate Turns 12

My little Katie-bug is 12 today! I really can't believe how time has flown by! It seems like just a little bit ago we were watching this funny girl toddle around the house.

Kate has always been my most active kid. She loves to be outside. She loves sports, and bikes, and skateboards. You will catch her in tennis shoes, comfy pants, and t-shirts most days. She hates it when I make her dress up and curl her hair. Although, there are rare occasions she asks for it. 

Her attitude is usually a happy mood, but if you do make her mad, WATCH OUT! She isn't afraid to tell you how she feels and if she really thinks what you are requesting is unreasonable, or stupid, she's not afraid to let you know. I admit we butt heads when we don't agree, but if I hold my ground, she will eventually back down and do what she is asked. I have learned to pick my battles with her and  what I can compromise on.

Turning 12 means becoming part of  Young Women's. Kate is a Beehive! Her leaders heart-attacked the front door to welcome her. In one month she will be headed off to girl's camp for a week. I'm excited for her!


Birthday Interview

favorite color: red & black
favorite food: steak
favorite subject in school: math
favorite candy bar: Kit Kat
favorite TV show: Psych
favorite book: My Weird School series
favorite fruit: pineapple & bananas
favorite vegetable: broccoli
favorite chore: dishes (they started hand washing the dishes)

If you had 1 million dollars, what would you do with it?
pay for college, buy a house, and save the rest

What do you want to be when you grow up?
a police officer

If you could do one nice thing for anybody, what would you do?
take my parents on a cruise

Kate, we are so glad to have you! It brings me such joy to watch you learn and grow. I feel like this year you have grown so much! Happy birthday!



Kate Alexandra Merritt


4 years old, smearing sour cream all over her face


2nd grade, best friend Fatima- she was from Iraq


major Harry Potter fan


2nd grade, her favorite year in school


12 years old


Heart attack from YWs



6th grade, beginning of year


6th grade, end of year







0 comments: