Sunday, May 29, 2016

Kate's 6th Grade Graduation

If you were to ask Kate what her favorite part about 6th grade, I'm betting her answer would be her teacher, Mr. Mills. I never heard one complaint about that teacher. She only had good things to say. Mr Mills used to be in the Army, he played professional hockey, his wife was from Hawaii and taught their whole class how to dance "Hawaiian." She even had claim going for a while that he was good friends with Taylor Swift...all others I believe and know to be true, but I still don't believe he was good friends with Taylor Swift. 

Short story, she loved him! When your child gets a teacher that they can really look up to and trust, great things happen. My Kate has always been a good student. She is very bright and works well with others. But, I feel Mr Mills set her up to succeed in junior high. He taught her that "anything worth doing, is worth doing right." Something I had been struggling to get through to her. It's awesome when someone else can back you up as a parent! I really appreciated all he did for her.

Kate's graduation feel on the same day as Ryan's, May 26th. My emotions were on overload that day! I knew I was losing one kid soon , but one of my "little ones" was moving up on the age ladder and it was too much!




Mr Mills



Superintendent's Award for a 4.0 all year long 



good friend and neighbor, Kali 


We ended the celebration with lunch for the two of us at Applebee's.

0 comments: