Thursday, September 22, 2016

A Mother's Perspective

As a working mom, a mom in general really, it can be really easy to forget what it means to be a mother. I get so caught up in what needs to be done; I lose sight what it is I'm really doing. 

I'm the mom to 6 wonderful children. Each has their own strengths and weaknesses. It is my job to help them see what they are really good at, or what they can improve on. It's my job to teach them to be kind humans, who are productive in society. It's also my "job" to go to work every day and teach the exact same thing to 35 other 4 year-olds. I also have to keep up with housework, cooking things, church callings. It can all become overwhelming, and I instinctively go o\into survival mode. I hate this mode!

In survival mode, I forget that I have purpose. I forget that what I do matters. I forget that I'm lucky to be where I am, and that I have another day on this blessed earth! I forget how lucky I am to be Batman's chauffeur!



So. I'm working on being more in the moment. Realizing that if I am in survival mode, I need to lighten up and have a change of attitude. It can be a difficult thing to do, but I'm a lot more fulfilled when I wake up, rise to the challenge that is motherhood, and see with clear eyes that I am enough!

0 comments: