Monday, August 10, 2020

Helping Hands

I’m always in a hurry on Mondays. My agent meetings are at 9 am. I didn’t have one today, but still had to go to the office to handle a few things. Exiting the freeway, there is always someone on the corner asking for money, for help. I’m usually in the back, so don’t have to really think about what I’m going to do. Today, I was the first in line. There was a woman sitting on a bucket. You could tell she was tired. Probably hot, too. I sat there for a moment. I dug for my wallet. I rolled down my window and gave her the cash I had. As she approached my car, I stretched my hand out to give her the money. I was about to say, “God bless you.” But she beat me to it. She was crying, she said, “God bless you. Please, stay safe.” I was crying and was only able to whisper, “You, too.” We both sat there wiping tears from our eyes. She on her bucket, me in my air conditioned car. Deep down, I know my purpose is to love and serve others. Life seriously gets in the way of that everyday. I tell myself being a mom helps create a better world, and it does. I know it does. But there’s something to be said when you’re made to be in the “trenches.” Who thought that could happen on a corner, in my car. As the light turned green, I smiled, waved. She did the same. I told myself I need to be better. To help others, to see others. My world is complicated, and hard in its own way, but not really. Like, REALLY!!! Go bless someone’s life today. Find someone to serve. Make someone’s life collide with your own. See each other. Do better. I will too. We are builders in this world. 🌍


 


0 comments: