Thursday, March 13, 2008

I changed my mind about posting the tubing pictures. They turned out better than I thought.
We had a blast, like I said earlier. It was snowing, so it slowed the hills down. Next year we know
not to go on a snowy day.


Dustin is in the back, in the orange coat. Because of the snow, he had to pull the tubes at a certain
point.



This is the lift that took the tubes up to the hills. (Off to the left)




They had to wait in line to get to the lift, but it sure beats walking up the hill!



Dust and the kids!


Kate on the tubing carousal at Fort Frosty.



Becca on the snow slide! She loved this!


I remembered why we have been so busy! We have been redoing our house. We have finished our front room! Almost, above the shelf I am putting a vinyl saying by Gordon B. hinckley. "Be
true to who you are, and the family name you bear." Then on the shel I am putting a big M for
Merritt.

Bay window- I am putting those decorative balls in the three baskets.



I made the Family Home Evening board. I was so proud of myself. I don't consider myself a crafty person.



I took out all the flowered pillows to make a differnt style. Dustin painted the shelf for me, and antiqued the edges. He did A LOT! He painted the room, and repainted all the frames, they were cream. I accented with black, but thought it needed a splash of color, that's why I got the berry garland. I didn't want someone to walk in and think we puked black. Once it is all done we plan on starting the kitchen. My sister-in-law, Taryn, helped with the colors and how to hang things on the wall. She's extremly talented at that.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Fun Snow pics! That place looks awesome. Your front room is coming together really well--it looks great. How fun! I need someone like Taryn in my life. I want to finish decorating our house this year, and I'd love someone who could give me ideas and suggestions. Did you know Janelle's little girl is named Taryn? Your FHE sign turned out really well! I don't consider myself crafty, either, but my mom-in-law is, so I have things like that in my house, thanks to her. Enough of my random thoughts for now. Have a fun weekend!

thecustercrew said...

The snow looks like so much fun. My kids were in bathing suits yesterday having a water fight. It has been 80 degrees here. Your room looks great. I love your FHE board. We are so bad about family home evening. Can you e-mail me a pic of it? Like you I am not crafty either, but I think I can handle that one. Maybe if we have the board staring at us all the time, we will establish a better habbit.

i said...

I like the berries on shelf touch. So cute. Thanks for sharing. Gives me good ideas since I've long since run out! Also, the snow looks fun...and COLD!

i said...

We are looking for a babysitter up your way so we could attend AM Conf session on Sat. and was wondering if you had any leads for us...sorry this isn't blog-related but i don't have your e-mail. You can just delete this comment.Let me know... My e-mail is morjulie@gmail.com