Monday, March 31, 2008

This Easter we traveled to Las Vegas. One of my best friends from Vegas, Kellie, got married. You won't see any pictures because I forgot my camera! oops! It was nice to spend the holiday with my mom. The kids had fun spending time with cousins.
Kellie married a guy from California. His name is Brandon Hoke. They met through a friend. He seems to be a really nice guy. When they met she was going through the process of adopting her new son, Joey. He has special needs, a real sweetie. Dustin and I got a kick out of him at the sealing. Kellie opened her home as a foster home, and that's how she got Joey. She didn't want to see him get lost in the system, so she decided to adopt him. When she me Brandon she said he really didn't understand why she was doing what she was doing. He changed his mind once he met the little guy. Because Kellie adopted him as a single parent, right after they were married they were able to have Joey sealed to them. It was so sweet. After he was saying, "Hey we got married!" He was so excited. Later that night we went to the reception. It was in this huge million dollar home in Seven Hills. I felt out of my element! Then to make things worse, I got 50 ft from the door and Becca threw up all over me and all over her. Talk about feeling weird! Becca felt better! She kept saying her belly hurt in the car. I thought she just probably needed to poo, I was wrong. I waited outside while my mom, Robyn, Dustin, and kids went to say Hi. I was sad, so Dustin and I ran to the local K-mart and bought a shirt. Her reception was beautiful. It would have been nice to have had a chance to talk to her, but I remeber my wedding day too.
After, we met our friends the Serratas. They used to be our next door neighbors, but they moved to Vegas. It was fun to see them! We wish we could've had more time, but sometimes it just goes that way.

4 comments:

Rach said...

Sounds like a fun and yet crazy adventure for your trip away. It was so nice to see you two at the temple last week. We need to make it a regular activity!! Your blog is darling. I'm so glad you have one, its such a fun way to keep in touch...
Hope to see you soon, Rach

Darrell and Alissa said...

Aren't puking kids great?! Maybe your dress was to flashy for Becca and she felt Kmart would make you seem more like her mom?! I'm jelous you got to go home, hopefully we'll make it this summer!

thecustercrew said...

It was great to see you guys. I hope all your kids are better now

Kristin said...

I had heard about Kellie adopting a baby. That's awesome that she's married now, too (I hadn't heard that), and that you got to attend the sealing of her, Brandon, and Joey. I wish she and I had kept in touch.