Monday, March 3, 2008

Okay, sorry we haven't updated this in a while. We have been running around with our heads cut off! Dustin started back to school. He is going to the University of Phoenix. He is gone only one night a week, unless they have to meet with their group. I don't know why it has been so crazy, but it feels like we have had a lot going on.

The boys have decided to play flag football this year. I'm glad. Baseball was a lot. If you have one in, it's not so bad, but two was terrible! They end up on different teams, so you have 4 games and 2-3 practices during the week total. As you can see, that almost something everyday.

Grace decided she wants to swim. I keep telling her we'll get her signed up, but then I forget. So I will for sure. I think I'll sign Kate up as well. We will have a lot going on, but it's fun to see them trying new things.

I was able to attend our Stake Enrichment this past Saturday. Julie De Azevedo- Hanks came and spoke about ways to avoid emotional burn-out. It was great. She talked on depression and mental wellness, very eye-opening. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker(LCSW). She put her music in it as well, I always liked her music. After leaving, I felt like I needed a good hour in her therapy room. I know I have suffered a little from depression, but lately it has been getting worse. I do find that if I read my scriptures, pray for help, and exercise I do better. I think that is why Dustin made sure I went to this. He can tell when I am getting burned out, 5 kids will do that to you.

We were able to take the kids to a fun place on the 22nd. In Park City there is a tubing park. We had a blast!! They have a tube lift that takes you up the mountain. They were BIG hills. I have pictures, but they are hard to make out, because of the distance. I wasn't able to go down the big hills. I got to stay with Kate and Becca at Fort Frosty. It was cute, and they loved it. There was a huge slide made out of snow and a carousal that pulled them on little tubes. They were able to build with giant snow blocks too. Next year we will all be able to go down the big slides.

5 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

I'm exhausted just reading aobut you taking your kids to all the activities!!

i said...

I wish I could have been at that meeting too. I think any mommy could benefit(even if only 2 kids are a handful and not even 5)! Thanks for sharing!:@)

Kylea said...

Hey Merrits! Well that doesn't seem to much hassle to me because im not a mom. But Logan, Wesley, and Tanner are in baseball. That means 6 practices a week!!!!!!!

thecustercrew said...

I sooo feel your pain. Hang in there. When Kyle went back to school it was really crazy Sheri Dew's book, if life wasn't hard it would be easy. I'm not sure if that title is right, but it was a great book. It helped alot. You can borrow it when you come down if you haven't read it. We can't wait to see guys. My boys are so excited.

Kristin said...

And I think life w/3 kids is busy! I admire all moms who have more. I love going to events like the one you got to go to last weekend. They make me happy, and I always love the lift they give me and the motivation to keep going and do better. Your snow tubing day sounds like a blast!