Monday, March 2, 2009

Choose You This Day Whom Ye Will Serve...

but as for Kate, she will serve Grace.
Kate was called to the kitchen because I needed to have her take care of a toy she had left in the kitchen. Grace, knowing that she was on her way there, called to her and asked, "Kate will you bring me back a drink of water?"
"Sure," Kate replied.
Aaron heard this and in his very parent- like voice said," Grace, Kate is not your servant." He was so disgusted by the request he yelled to me, "Mom, Grace is making Kate do things."
Kate was half way down the stairs. Before I could say anything, she put everyone in their place. "I don't mind being Grace's servant. It's okay."
I'm glad she finds joy in serving others!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Right on Kate! Keep up the good service! and can you get me a drink too? I'm thirsty :)

Audrey Taylor said...

Wow, sounds like they are very good at governing themselves!

i said...

how sweeeet!

thecustercrew said...

Good for Kate. What a little cutie.