Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day #1 of Vacation: The Beach


We had the opportunity to take our kids to Disneyland this past week. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of WORK! I don't know how people do this trip every year. We left the 8th and stayed over night in Las Vegas. We woke up and then went on to Anaheim.
When we got there we checked into the hotel and immediately went to the beach. I have never seen an ocean before, so I was excited. It was pretty amazing! I couldn't get over how loud it was!
The kids had never seen an ocean either. The boys were really excited, they were the first ones in. They loved being in the middle of the waves. Before long they had their shirts off and were ready to swim.



The girls were a little hesitant. Not sure if they wanted to go into the cold, LOUD water. They would run out as the water receded, but when the waves came in they would run back to the beach. Unfortunately a big wave came in and knocked Becca and Kate flat. They were so upset. Becca would not go back, she was scarred for life. Just looking at the pictures of us on the beach she said, "I don't like the water."





After the wave hit:




The setting sun was beautiful.



Seeing the ocean made me realize how huge this world is. It reminded me of all the beauty Our Heavenly Father has blessed us with. We just need to stop and appreciate it. I will definitely be planning a trip to return to the ocean. Which one? Not sure, maybe Dust should take me on a cruise or something.

6 comments:

ChicChat said...

Cute pics. I'm glad you guys had a good time. If Dustin ever takes you on a cruise, we better be going with you!! Can't wait to see the rest of the trip!
Camille

Rach said...

Gorgeous Pictures! How Fun! When we went to San Diego, the kids favorite part was the beach... forget all the "parks" we went to and spent tons of moola, all they cared about was playing at the beach!

Taryn said...

I'm so glad that you finally got to see the ocean! Rylee was scared of the water too. I think they understand how big it really is.
Keep the trip details coming - I can't wait to see more pics!

i said...

i vote cruise too!

i'm glad you got to go.

amazing huh!?!?

i LOVE the picture of your boys in the sunset. WOW!

Audrey Taylor said...

Oh my gosh Larae, I was born in San Diego and lived there til I was 4. I lived there again at different times in my life and what I learned to LOVE was laying on the warm sand listening to the calm of the waves with sea gulls here and there. Every time a rush of warmth from the sun came over my back I felt so relaxed and peaceful. I love the beach.

TaraS said...

Hey, it has been forever since I have talked to you. I think I knew you had #5... from Kristin. Anyway, I hope all is well and looks like you had a fantastic vacation in our part of the world!!