Saturday, February 28, 2009

Dreams. Where Do They Come From?

I typed this question into Google because I was curious. I have been having some off the wall dreams lately.

I wanted to know why I was dreaming that my family was the Brady Bunch. I was Carol Brady, Dustin was Mike, and so forth. We did have a sixth child, but they did not appear in this episode. Dustin was lecturing Grace-aka Marsha- on being a tramp who wore her skirts VERY short. I won't use the word he did. It was funny because he said it in the Mike Brady tone!Marsha just turned to her father and shook her booty at her and walked away! I'm so confused!
I think I'm losing my mind!

I may not have figured out what my dream meant, but I did learn this:

"Content-analysis studies have identified common reported themes in dreams. These include: situations relating to school, being chased, running slowly in place, falling, arriving too late, a person now alive being dead, a person who is dead being alive, teeth falling out, flying, future events such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc. (with different scenarios), embarrassing moments, falling in love with random people, failing an examination, not being able to move, not being able to focus vision, car accidents, being accused of a crime you didn't commit, suddenly finding yourself naked, going to the toilet, and many more."

Kind of interesting. I know I've dreamt a few of those. Thank you Wikipedia!

So any interpretations? They said the more you do it, the better you'll get.

I wanted so bad to photoshop our adorable mugs in, but I don't have it on my computer. I do think it would be lovely to have a housekeeper.

4 comments:

i said...

very funny!!! i too have crazy dreams.

thecustercrew said...

I think crazy dream run in the family. My dreams always seem spookily real. I am always having some type of off the wall dream. I hate fish to this day because of dreams I had as a kid.
The Brady Bunch? Maybe just the eternal persuit of trying to be the perfect family?
ps- I think a housekeeper would be absolutely wonderful.

Taryn said...

It must be weird dream month or something because mine have been off the wall too! A re-occurring one that I keep having is that my contact is as big as a frisbee and I can't get it in my eye - what in the world does that mean?!

Audrey Taylor said...

It is always school for me. I dream that I am wg around campus and in halls finding classes with this feeling, "why am I still in school? I thought I already graduated!"