Thursday, October 1, 2009

I Need Time to Pause, Just for a Moment

I can't believe this month is over! It flew by. I realized this when I pulled out my Ensign to go visiting teaching yesterday. (yeah I waited to the last minute, I know) I hadn't even opened it. It was so new and pretty. I usually do really well to at least read a few articles out of it, but this month only the VT message.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, after all we did celebrate 3 birthdays this month. CRAZY! Aaron turned 10 on the 2nd, Becca was 4 on the 13th, and Grace 8 on the 18th. I will have to post some birthday pictures.

It's not fair that they grow up so quickly. We pulled out the home videos to put them onto DVDs and I couldn't believe how little my kids were. You don't realize it when you see them everyday of their life. It made me really sad! They need to be little again so I can enjoy it more. I was so busy living life, I didn't take a minute to relax and savor those little moments. They way they eat, laugh, and talk. To hear Ryan talk when he was 4 was exciting. I guess I can look at the bright side and be thankful I have the moments on DVD. I told Dustin I like it better than pictures because you can relive the moment exactly the way it happened.

I'm going to try, try to pause and remember them this age. It goes by so fast!!

(this is where I would usually find some cute pictures and download them to my computer, but I really don't have the time right now. I know, I know)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Your post made me remember something that Ryan once told me. Once when I was watching the boys, he was telling me something and was so excited to tell me about it. (I think it was Halloween.) When he paused and looked at me waiting for a response I said, "Really? Oh my gosh." His eyes got even bigger and he said, "we say oh my goodness." He was so serious. You have a very cute family. It's fun to see how much they've all grown. You're doing a great job!

Taryn said...

I hear ya! Time is just flying by! The older I get the quicker it goes. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to try and slow down and enjoy the moments more too, tantrums and all :)

thecustercrew said...

It is crazy how fast they grow up. I wish I had more home videos. Most of them were in the case when the camcorder was stolen. I agree the videos are lots of fun to watch.