Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Funny Story #1 that Made Last Week Bearable

Life has been a little chaotic for me. I can't believe how the time is flying by! I think last week would have been dreadful if it hadn't been for a few instances that made me laugh, take it all in, and say, "It's not so bad."

My kids are funny, but the one child of mine that has more personality than her little body can handle is Becca! Holy cow can she make us laugh. She takes everything in, she's quite the sponge.

We have been watching a lot of the holiday movies on, after all they're only on once a year. My kid's favorites have been the Home Alone stories. I will say none of the sequels are as good as the original. I'm sure you all know the story about Kevin. He's tired of his family being mean to him, so he wishes he had no family. It comes true (he thinks, anyway) and he's alone for Christmas.

Becca believes her family is mean as well. And lately anytime any one gets upset with her, or she gets in trouble, she marches to the top of the stairs and loudly proclaims to all of us, " I wish I didn't have any family! I wish I was alone! I'm livin' alone, I'm livin' alone!" Every time she does this it makes me laugh inside. We all choose to ignore her, but she is heard.

I hope she soon forgets this movie and we can all go back to our normal routine without having to be reminded each day how terrible we make her 4 year-old life.

Stay tuned for # 2! I figure I'll break it up. It will save me and you more time!

1 comments:

ChicChat said...

I'm sure we all feel like Becca once in a while! ;)
I miss seeing you in the morning too!!! I'm just about done with this "waiting game"!