Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Story #2: Being "Healthy"

A few months ago I bought a scale. Yes, in all the 13 years that we have been married, I've never owned one. My kids LOVE this thing. They think it is so great to get on it every day. Oh, to weigh 40 lbs again!

Before Kate and Becca step on it they always say, "Let's see how healthy I am." They step up on it and a number in the 30s flashes up on the screen. They are so happy."I'm so healthy," they always say. You can't do anything, but clap for them and join in their enthusiasm!

The other day I was on the scale. I try to do this without them around because they know how to read numbers. I really don't feel like them spreading the word of how much I weigh. Yes. They would tell people. Anyway- Becca was walking in the hall and ran in because I was on the scale. I tried to jump off, but the stupid screen stayed on way too long. Becca says, " Mom, you're so healthy! You have 3 numbers. That's so healthy!" She was so proud of me. It made me laugh. I guess I should be grateful that I am so "healthy." I only have THREE numbers!

5 comments:

Jayleen said...

LOL, I LOVE it! When Ian was little he would step on the scale 2-3 times a day especially after he went #1 or #2 to see if he lost any.

Spaces for Faces said...

Haha! Funny stories (about Becca & Ian). Thanks for sharing! I needed a good laugh!

thecustercrew said...

Becca is tooo cute. My scale does the same thing, it stays on too long. I am always trying to reset it if Kyle walks in while I am on it:)

ps did you know Robert Ashworthy died sunday :(

i said...

sooooo adorable!!!!! she can come here any time!

Rach said...

Larae- You look amazing. I'm sure the 3 numbers are barely breaking the 3 digit mark! So cute.