Monday, January 11, 2010

Another Preisthood Holder in our House!!

Ryan turned twelve on the 5th. Yes. I am quite behind in posting. We haven't even had a b-day party yet, but we will. I want Dustin to be able to be there.

Yesterday our bishop called him to the stand to announce his graduation from Primary and sustain him as a Deacon. A Deacon!! I felt quite old yesterday. But I held it together and to my surprise I did not cry. I'm sure come next Sunday as he passes the Sacrament for the first time, those tears will flow. Happy tears.

He has already had 2 mutual activities, one on the ward level, one an the Stake level. Our ward activity was a Bishop's fireside on dating. He seemed a little confused to all the information he was to soak up. He learned the appropriate age and way to date (the age he already was aware of). He learned about MORALITY. Wow, that was weird.

Dustin gave the morality lesson. He had put on the board: Holdy, Holdy. Huggy, Huggy. Kissy, Kissy. Heavy, Heavy. Naughty, Naughty. Once his father got to the Heavy, Heavy part, the questions started coming.

"Mom, what necking and petting?" Uhhh... I had to think quick and let go of how uncomfortable I was answering that question. But I did it and he got the idea. It was funny though because after I told him, he said, " I don't think I want to know what Naughty, Naughty is."

I said, "I think it's what you think it is." We were embarrassed together.

I can't believe how time flies! Before I know it he will be a missionary. But I'm excited for him. It is an exciting time of life!

5 comments:

Maggie & Nate said...

Oh wow!! Rachel & my birthday is on Jan 5 as well! We are a big 2-6! :0)
How fun!

Rach said...

AHHH! I remember Ryan in our nursery class when we first moved in. Now I'm really feeling my age. Congrats to Ryan. That is an exciting time of life!

Taryn said...

That is so exciting! I am so proud of him. Congrats and Happy Birthday Ryan!

Jayleen said...

Congrats to Ryan, It seems just like yesterday he was one of my Bears. When we had "the talk" with Ian, he was SO giggily which made me really giggle. I like Dustin's method of teaching, I'll have to remember that one!

thecustercrew said...

Tell Ryan congratulations. It is amazing how the time flies. Just wait for the ear to ear smile you will see on his face next week when he passes the sacrament. It is priceless. It will melt your heart.