Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Few Stories to Share...

I thought maybe you would all be interested in hearing how well Dustin is doing in his new career. To use his words, " [He] loves it more everyday!"

To my surprise, it hasn't been as bad as I thought. He is home more, that could be a blessing or annoying. When I want to run to the gym or an errand, BLESSING. If my routine gets interrupted, ANNOYING. I'll "take the good with the bad."

He has had, to my knowledge, only a few scary instances. He has had to tackle a guy for fear of a weapon. Criminals, they're idiots. Not long ago he was involved in a foot pursuit with a burglar. It ended with him helping to take the guy to the ground. Come to find out, last week the guy was arrested for the same thing. Criminals, they're idiots! He came home last night telling me they arrested a few teenagers for marijuana possession. Criminals, they're idiots! My kids got the lecture this morning about taking only good things into their bodies. They were reminded why we should always make good decisions or they could end up in jail.

The incident last night was pretty scary to me. To have to approach a bunch of kids while they were high, you never know what they had, or what they were thinking. I'm grateful we have been blessed that he has come home safely every night.

A final note. My friend Shauna found this picture on one of her friend's blog, we don't know her. Dustin arrested Flat Stanley (I tried to find the post about it, but I think she deleted it, lucky for me I copied the picture). He has now inherited the nickname, "Stanley."



I love my cop!

PS He is doing really well in training. All his co-workers have been impressed with him. He has received praise from the chief as well.

7 comments:

ChicChat said...

I was starting to think you forgot you had a blog. ;) I'm glad to hear Dustin enjoys his career change. I think it's so important for a man to love what they do. Not everyone is as lucky as Dustin.

Natalie said...

WooHoo! Go Dustin! Go Dustin! Nice to see once again that is was worth the wild changes last year!

Taryn said...

Way ta go bro! We are so proud of you! Stay safe! and many thanks to your amazing wife who supports you! We love you guys!

The Bach 10 said...

Congrates!!! Thanks again for coming over. The new outfit and blankets for Teagan are great!! Most of all visiting with you was the best!! We need to get together again. Maybe one night when Dustin is gone we could do pizza for dinner over here. Any day but Tues and THurs right now work for us!!

Kristin said...

You just can't put a price on the man of the house loving his job! So good to hear it's been such a positive change.

Darrell and Alissa said...

I agree with Kristin, happy husband makes a happy wife makes a happy home. Love that he arrested Flat Stanley- I'll have to show my kids the picture

thecustercrew said...

I am so glad he is loving his job. It definately makes it all worth it. I can relate with the too much time at home. Most of the time it is great, other days a little annoying:)