Friday, January 8, 2010

Long, Overdue Catch up!

Life has been quite busy lately. I feel like I have been just trying to survive. Everything has been placed on the back burner!

Our Christmas was nice. This year I will say was especially humbling. With the pay cut we have gone "back to the basics." Some may say, "not so fun," but I will tend to argue. Because of this we focused a little more on what the holiday is all about, Our Savior. While it took a little encouragement on our part, I think our kids realize that Christmas is not about getting. It is about what we can give and what we are doing to become more like Him.However, we didn't get "nothin'". the kids all got the top 3 things on their lists. That's always a plus!

My boys are into football right now. Kind of weird, makes me feel old. They each got jerseys of their favorite teams. They also got new sports gear to replace the old, gross ones. Nobody wants to play with a basketball the dog has peed on! Ryan got an air pistol and Aaron wanted an acoustic guitar. They got new BYU hats and sweatshirts too! And we can't leave out the Star Wars Command blasters.

Grace wanted a scooter, jewelry box, new baby, and her own stuffed dog. She got it all. Come to find out I misunderstood they type of doll she wanted, but she likes the new one anyway. She's so easy to please, well sometimes. I'm glad this was one of those times. She got tons of needed outfits too.

Kate also wanted a scooter. She wanted Barbies this year, so she had a barbie Christmas, even the scooter was Barbie! She also wanted a stuffed dog and received the needed clothes.

Becca got the "funnest toys" as Kate informed us. She didn't ask for anything specific, so I just picked. She loves her new grocery cart, remote control Pluto, and My Little Pony. The one thing she did ask for was a Baby Alive and Grandma got that for her!

I got some long over due silverware! I think Dustin was surprised when i hosted our progressive dinner for the Relief Society. There were four of us at my home and I couldn't match that many pieces! A spoon and fork can only go through the disposal so many times!!!

Dustin bought himself a new garage door opener. Our last one had seen better days, though the beating it received from him before the ward Christmas fireside didn't help! He was just trying to get it to work!! He came away with a cut hand. No good comes from beating things, I promise!

I hope all enjoyed the holiday season!! I took pictures, but I'm trying to get all this done as fast as I can. Maybe next time.

0 comments: