Friday, February 5, 2010

Thankful for a Second Chance

A long time ago I earned my Young Women Medallion. Honestly, I think I could have done better at it. I know I earned it and did all the work required, but I don't think I realized its importance at the young age of 17. I feel like I went through the motions of getting it and not paying attention to what I was supposed to be learning.

So now that I am in Young Women again, I am taking advantage of the fact that I can earn my medallion over again, this time with better eyes. It has been somewhat difficult, just finding the time and working it into the routine. I don't remember having to read so much and writing in my journal, but like I said, I kind of didn't take the first time serious.

I am excited though. I lost my old medallion and I'm happy to get the new version. I like it, it's prettier! I'm also looking forward to learning what I should have learned when I was 17! Thank goodness for second chances!

4 comments:

Rach said...

Yeah Larae! I have to completely agree with you, though I didn't earn mine the first time around... I just got mine two weeks ago. It was neat to finally have earned it. Though I am embarrassed to say it took me more years than it should have. I've been wearing mine each week to church and am sad that I never see those girls who have earned theirs wearing them. Guess I'm an oldie, and don't really care about being trendy! Good Luck!

The Bach 10 said...

Tayler got hers when she turned 13. It was really a great experience for us both. They added virture just as she was almost done so she had to read the b of m. That was really great for her. Now they updated it a bit this year. Tayler likes the medalian better than hers. Good Luck!!

BrieAnn said...

There is way more reading and journal writing with the new program. I completed the old program and was like 2 requirements shy of finishing the new program when I was in YW, but I never got my medallion because I never made the final interview with the bishop. It was super sweet when I went through personal progress as a leader and finally got the medallion earlier this year.

Taryn said...

I too am trying to earn mine for the second time. The program has changed so much, I think that there is a lot more to do! and I agree that it's hard finding the time! It'll be worth it though! All my medallions were stolen when our old home was broken into so I will be thrilled when I get them again! Good luck to you and let me know what you are doing for the projects...I need some ideas :)