Monday, June 21, 2010

A "First" for a mom of 12 years...

I woke up about a quarter to 6 this morning. Not to go running. But, to get my 12 year-old to his FIRST week long scout camp. Can I just say that I'm a little scared, depressed, and unsure!

What if he gets lost, or even worse... BEARS!! This is to much to handle!

He was excited though! I kept reminding him to be safe. His reply, "Mom, that's the 4th time you've told me in the last 15 minutes." I guess I'm being too paranoid, but I gave birth to him, so I have the right!!!

Now, I just have to make it through the week without worrying! :) We'll see.

PS Wish I had a picture of him trying to hold up the backpack he had on his back. that thing had to weigh almost as much as he did!!

3 comments:

Darrell and Alissa said...

I am already worried about my kids at girls camp- bears and wild cats... it's not fair to do this to parents! Although on the bad days, I think I might just feed them to the wild animals, but then they do something sweet and nice to remind us they are really good kids!

Taryn said...

Good luck Ryan - and to you too of course Larae!

Jayleen said...

He's in good hands (I can say that 'cause my husbands the scoutmaster :)!! I understand your worry though, I'm already worried about Ian going next year, even though Jeff will more than likely be there.