Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cute Skirts

My sweet sisters-in-law called me yesterday and said they had learned a pattern to make cute little girl skirts. They had material left over and wanted to make my girls a skirt. I told Taryn how I was wanting to learn to sew and my first project I wanted to tackle was making my girls a skirt. She said to come on over and they would help me! It took me about two hours to make 1 skirt. Not very fast. But I was happy to not have broken any needles. I'm happy to report that I am able to sew a straight line...sort of...pretty darn close!


They turned out really cute. Take a look!




This is Grace's. She wanted a bow, so hers is a little different.


This is Kate's. Very cute!


And this is Becca's. The knot can be worn on either the side like this, or like Kate's, in the middle.


It has been a goal of mine to learn to sew. I must say it is time consuming. I might have to wait until all my kids are back school to be able to enjoy it. I'm not the best multi-tasker. So thanks Wendy and Taryn! It was a nice visit and I accomplished something I have been wanting to do for a long time!!

3 comments:

Jayleen said...

those are so cute, do have a pattern for them I could borrow, or the instructions? Do you have a sewing machine? I actually have 2, so if you ever wanted to borrow one for a long period of time, you are more than welcome to use one of mine, let me know.

i said...

YEAH!!! They are adorable!!!! i soo need to sew!

ChicChat said...

Very Cute! My sister and mom have started making skirts too. I guess I'll have to jump on that band wagon. Good job!