Friday, August 27, 2010

Some Me Time

I have been able to do some things I have wanted to do. It has been nice, but my housework has suffered!! Now I'm playing catch up. I don't like that game.

Believe it or not, I have been looking into this "bucket list". On that list was learn how to sew. I'm no seamstress, but maybe one day I can even thread the sewing machine. Any volunteers to instruct me. Maybe you can form a sewing group for beginner sewers and teach us. I would like it! Anyway about the list...

I read somewhere recently that To Kill a Mocking Bird was on a list of books to read before you die. How fitting, I thought. I was hesitant. I do not like to read and when I choose to read, I usually go with the self help books. They most often are LDS authors. I really like Sheri Dew.

I gave in. I put a hold on it at the library. A couple weeks later I was notified to come and pick it up. It sat in my library bag for 3 weeks. I realized it was overdue and I needed to return it. I wanted to read it though. So I said, " Forget the $.15/day charge. I'm keepin' it." I did. I read it in 2 days! A record for me. I sat and read, and read, and read some more.

It felt really nice to reach a goal. It also was a pretty good book. I wasn't a fan of the language. But realize it was relevant to the time period. I felt bad for Atticus- I like his name- his daughter Scout, and son Jem. I loved Cal! I was glad to learn of Mr Ewell's fate! (See, I really read it, ALL of it!)

I would recommend it, such an easy read. Just know there is some bad language.

~~~~~~~~

I was also able to go to a movie with some friends the other night. We saw, Eat Pray Love. I enjoyed it. While I didn't agree with a lot of the character's (Julia Roberts) beliefs, I thought the main point of the movie was valid. She learned of the importance of balance in life. I took that little bit of knowledge with me and will certainly use it! It reminded me of D&C 89, "moderation in all things." The one thing you were allowed to over indulge in was love. Absolutely nothing wrong with that!!!

Yay, for me time!

0 comments: