Friday, June 17, 2011

Finding Peace

Life can be crazy!

At times I feel I'm just rushing to the grave so it's over with. I forget that I actually came here with a purpose. Do you ever feel that way? Is it only me?

This song, * It is Well With My Soul, is my new favorite at the moment. It has reminded me "the clouds, not the grave, is my goal".

I'm learning to enjoy what life brings me and to find peace in it. And sometimes that's not easy. I so much like playing the victim at times! (did I just really admit that?) It's the easy way to live! The truth is we are responsible for the way we choose to react to life. We need to be willing to take whatever comes our way with a smile and say, "It's okay. I'll do whatever you need me to do, so I can become the person I was meant to be." We need to be willing to turn our will over. After all, it's really the only gift we can give that is truly ours to give.

* click to download my fav version by Jericho Road for $.99, totally worth it! Their album, Day of Rest is amazing!

3 comments:

ChicChat said...

You're not the only one that feels this way. Thank you for sharing!

Rach said...

So funny...before I noticed your note about Jericho Road at the bottom, when I read the title of the song, I automatically started singing their version in my head. Day of Rest is amazing. One of my favorite of their albums! You know how to sum up so well how I'm feeling ;)

i said...

ditto. i sooo was reminded to cherish moments with the most recent mormon message. thanks for another reminder!!! i've missed visiting your blog. you are always so inspiring!