Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This year my gift was a little different. But I was real excited about it. Not only did I get these:






but this was going on:







Dustin and the boys built me some garden boxes in the backyard. Dustin cut away about 1 foot of concrete around the perimeter of the basketball court. It never went all the way to the fence and we have wanted to do something with it for a while. What better thing to do than plant some veggies and stuff!!

Here are the first sprouts!


Can't wait for more!

Cucumbers, beans, peppers, onions, a few herbs, carrots, and tomatoes are on the way!

2 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! Those boxes look great, and our peas have sprouted as well! (I can't say the same for our beans, though.) LOL

Taryn said...

They look really nice! What a fun mothers day gift!