Sunday, September 18, 2011

September

The month of September always sneaks up on me. I'm sure it's because of the summer rush. I'm always happy to see it, September that is, though it brings with it more busyness in the Merritt household.

In this month we celebrate 3 birthdays. Not 1, not 2, but 3!!! If I was a mom who threw my kids a friend birthday party every year, holy cow! No time, no money. Good thing I'm not that mom. It's not because I don't want to. If I had the means, and let's be honest, the ENERGY, I totally would. After recovering from school shopping, the idea of throwing a huge birthday party with screaming, wound-up kids doesn't thrill me. So, I do it every other year. And I like that.

This year was an off year for Becca. She was so sad not being able to have a friend party, so we did this to cheer her up:










Her own personal photo shoot. Who doesn't like feeling like a super model? And it was fun!

She chose to bring cookies for her class to celebrate. Sugar cookies in the shape of apples with red sprinkles.

Her Grandma Lori took her to dinner. She chose "circle pizza" at the Target concession stand, that's what she wanted. Oh, an she had a Slurpee. She had to have a Slurpee! After eating, they went to pick her gift, Squinkies and a handbag she gets to color and decorate herself. She's finished it. It's "gorgeous".

From Aunt Taryn and Aunt Shandi she received a gift card and money. We have another shopping trip planned this week.

From Mom and Dad she got a scooter. She picked it out. And we still have yet to have cake and ice cream, but we will. Birthdays last all month long around here.

*Grace and Aaron were born in this month too. Their birthday updates will follow. We are still planning their friend parties. We're late, but that's how we roll when September comes around.

0 comments: