Monday, September 26, 2011

A Slumber Party With 10 year-olds

Grace turned ten!

I promised her 2 years ago when she turned 10, she could finally have a slumber party. She never forgot that promise. She was so excited! That excitement faded, however, as one by one each mother called to let me know their family doesn't do sleepovers. After a little talking too, she was happy again. We made the most of her late night birthday party, and 2 girls were allowed to stay the night. That made her happy!


sleeping bag race

making a wish

Grace is turning into such a beautiful young lady. She is such a big help around the house and with her sisters. I am amazed at her ability to be obedient. She is ten and never misses a night reading her scriptures and having her personal prayers. I can ask her to do something and she does it. She reminds me so much of her dad. She is very dependable and responsible. I am so grateful for her!







Happy Birthday, Grace!

3 comments:

Maggie & Nate said...

Larae

I am just wondering what your thoughts, feelings are about sleep overs...

Maggie & Nate said...

email me
magsmason@gmail.com

thanks!

Judy said...

It is so sad how times have changed & things like sleep overs are so hard to have! We don't do many friend sleep overs - but are very lucky that most of my kids best friends are cousins that live in the same town! So they still get to have sleep overs with cousins! We do have lots of late nights & there have been circumstances where rules have been "bent" I guess it makes it all the more special when they get to have one! Grace looks so much like you! What a beautiful little girl!!!