Saturday, November 26, 2011

35

This month I turned 35. I'll be honest, I was scared. I could no longer round down to thirty. I now had to round up. That made me closer to forty. YIKES!!

When Dustin and I were new in our ward, I was 23 and he was 25. We were the young bucks. I remember going to dinner with some friends and they were talking about turning 35. I was thinking in my head, " Oh my gosh. That's so old!" I couldn't even imagine 35. I was trying to think of the things I might be doing, but I couldn't! It seemed so very far away.

Well, here it is. I'm totally there. And I'm okay. My body, at times, feels its age, but mostly I feel as if I"m still in my 20s. And when people ask me my age and the age of my children, I tell them. They always respond with absolute shock and a, " You don't even look that old!"

Inside my head I give a little chuckle and mutter, "Just you wait. You'll be here sooner than you think!"

It comes so fast!!! I just hope to keep out running it (with the help of my dear friend, Oil of Olay, that is)!






4 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

35 isn't old! And you would look great at any age!

Unknown said...

your so purty :) and FYI your not old!!!

Taryn said...

You are looking great for 35! Not just for living that long, but considering you put up with Dustin....now that could really age a person! Haa Haa Haa!

i said...

what a gorgeous woman!not a day over 24. :)