Thursday, November 17, 2011

October is over.

This month seemed to scream by. I hate it when that happens because I feel like I never really enjoyed that time. Don't get me wrong, I try to find happiness in each moment, but it seems life quickly, and abruptly, carries me to the next moment, never getting a chance to exhale and relish in what just happened. Is it just me?

Well, anyway here are some of the things we did in October:

October 8th, I ran in my first ever race. A few friends and I had been running and getting ourselves ready for the 6K (3.72 mi) run. It was fun "training" -totally can't say I trained because it almost sounds like I'm professional or something, which I'm not - and I really enjoyed being with friends.

me before

we're a little excited, can you tell?

Every fall the ladies in Dustin's family get together and celebrate fall birthdays. It's kind of nice because we are all in October, November, and May. So, in spring we celebrate May birthdays. We had lunch at Gardner Village. Yummy!


G Nelson, Wendy, Lori, Taryn, Shandi, Ally, and me

We had fun getting ready for Halloween. I let the kids pick what they wanted to be this year. Normally I try to convince them to pick something we already have. But it was fun to shop with them and have them pick out what they wanted to really be. It took a whole lot more work too, but that's okay.


Aaron was a SWAT member (preteens don't like their pictures taken, just so you know)


Grace was a millionaire


Kate was Hermione Granger

Becca was a cheerleader, she learned a cheer and everything!


Ryan was nothing. He's 8th grade now.

We had our annual FHE pumpkin picking night too. That was fun. We only ever pick two pumpkins, one for the boys and one for the girls. This year they did them all by themselves. And I'm pleased to report I took pictures of picking the pumpkins out, but not any of the final product, terrible mom! Afterward we went to A&W and slurped up some root beer floats.














root beer fun


After typing this up it doesn't seem we were all that busy. I think a lot of the busyness came from the kids being off-track all month long and Dustin working like crazy. Whatever it was, I hope it slows down so I can really enjoy the next upcoming holidays... A girl can dream anyway,right?

0 comments: