Wednesday, November 30, 2011

15 years

On November 16th I celebrated 15 years of marriage. I am so grateful for my marriage to Dustin. It has been a happy marriage. We have had our trials for sure and I'm sure I wasn't happy going through them, but I am thankful for them and who they have helped me to become.


I have learned a great deal being married to Dustin. I have said before how different we are. But his strengths are clearly my weaknesses. My strengths fill in the gaps where he is lacking. I feel this is what marriage is truly about. You work together to make eachother better and happy. It takes lots of work, dilligence, and a willing to sacrafice. The rewards in the end are worth it. If you do it right, you are better for loving eachother.


I am so thankful for the children that have blessed our home. They each carry a little piece of Dustin and I. It is fun to watch those traits appear (most of the time). Because of them Dustin and I work harder to make things work. We talk about the things we will do after they are gone, but it makes us sad to even think of it. So for now we will enjoy the time we have with them.


This year's celebration I will always remember. We had a horrible experience at dinner, but we laughed all the way through it. We were also able to slip away for the night to the Salt Lake City Marriot. It snowed during the night. We watched from the 10th floor as people ice skated below in the falling snow. We talked about living downtown. I felt it would be an adventure. He wasn't fond of the idea. He gave me beautiful flowers and wrote me the sweetest, cry-my-eyes- out letter.


I love you Dustin and I look forward to many more happy, hard working years together. As long as it is that way, I think we will always appreciate what we have worked for.






3 comments:

Taryn said...

Congrats! We have loved having you in our family and are so glad he married you!

Sarah said...

Congratulations on 15 years! You two have always been a great example to me. :)

BrieAnn said...

15 years! Holy Smokes! Congratulations. And tell Dustin living downtown would be super rad.