Sunday, April 1, 2012

Who I Am

I am currently trying to collect stories to make a book for my kids. It will be full of the stories of their ancestors. What a neat journey it has been! I have realized, though, how much I don't really know of my own parents' stories, and grand parents' as well.

I think it is important to know where I came from. I think I can learn a lot from those who came before me. After all, I'm made up of little bits of them.

I have learned of some great people, people I would've loved to know personally. They were strong, faithful, determined souls. I plan on sharing their stories and pictures. I hope you enjoy them too!

2 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

That is awesome! We have been collecting patriarchal blessings of our deceased, direct-line ancestors because it adds to the "whole picture" of who they were. If you want to try it, go to lds.org, choose the "Tools" tab, and then "Patriarchal Blessing." You will get them in mail in a week or two. I've received hand-written ones that are so awesome!

Larae Taylor Merritt said...

Thank you Brittany. I had no idea about this! How cool! Totally doing it.