Saturday, April 7, 2012

Grace's Room

I have been wanting to change Grace's room for a while. She is growing up so fast and I wanted her room to be something she could grow into. She decided long ago that she liked black and pink. I thought it would be fun to add white and gray.

We had this bedroom set for almost eight years. It used to be a white and gold marble laminate. I am certain it was from the 70's, but I loved the feel and look of it. I knew i would eventually paint it. I think it turned out nice. There is also a little nightstand.






Her bed was given to us from my sister-in-law. It was a plain brown bed with some flowers painted on the headboard. It's unbelievable what a coat of paint can do. It looks so different!





The carpet will be changed and I still have to convince Dustin to let me accessorize the room. We are in the hopes of moving and he doesn't want any holes in the wall. I'm pretty sure once the newness wears off I'll have curtains and pictures up.

I really enjoy making something old new again. The whole creative process makes my brain happy!

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I bet she loves it. You are right--paint is a miracle change for not a lot of money. So fun to see what is happening in your household from time to time...thank you for sharing. You are amazing, you know! Love ya!

BrieAnn said...

I love the whole thing, but her bed edges in as my favorite! Wow! I love the style.

Taryn said...

that turned out soooo cute! Love it!