Sunday, March 23, 2014

God's Grace...Heaven knows I need it!!!

I love Sundays because it is the one day in my life that is not rushed and chaotic- after the whole getting ready for church routine of course! I love that I can partake of the sacrament, renewing my promises I've made to God. I love seeing my girls in dresses and my boys in shirts and ties! I wish they would choose to dress up more often, but I know why not. I'm the same way! Give me jeans and a t-shirt any day! I love that my son blessed the sacrament today and the other was an usher, opening and closing doors that lead to the chapel. I love singing hymns with family. I love learning new things each week, or relearning and committing to do better. I love hearing Christ's teachings.

Today the talks were on tithing and God's grace. I love both of these topics. Each has been a learning process for me. Tithing I understood much earlier, but I'm still learning about God's grace. It is such a HUGE topic to explore! The brother quoted from a  talk given by Brad Wilcox, His Grace Is Sufficient (well worth the read). I love this talk! I love hearing that I don't have to be perfect at what I'm trying to do when it comes to living the gospel. I just have to be trying, honestly trying. And each day the honest effort looks so different. Some days I feel I'm on my game, I nailed it! Most days it's back to the drawing board. I love knowing that I am not alone in this journey. That my Savior is with me each step, carrying the burden if I'll let Him. With Him as my partner I will be successful and I am promised peace. He is the difference.




"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." -Matthew 11:29

0 comments: